Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Passenger Pegs

The last mod was to change out the rear passenger foot pegs. I bought a pair that matches the new forward controls. These are held in place with one bolt on each side. The new pegs did not fit at first as they were thicker than the stock pegs and did not slip into the notch. I had to use a metal file to trim them down ever so slightly. Once that was done, they slipped in and I bolted them on.

Finally… a test drive. I went up and down the street a few times to make sure the shifting was clean and the brakes were working well. No issues. The driving position is much different than I am used to, with my legs now extended forward in a relaxed position. The new controls move the foot pegs forward about 9 inches. Being sort of tall (5’ 6”) – again, my sarcasm should be evident – I wasn’t sure I would be able to reach the new controls! But they’re fine, and they just take a little getting used to. Overall, it was about a 5 ½ hour job, but well worth it.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Anita said...

I'd be willing to test out the passenger pegs for you. But you have to promise not to go over 20 mph.

And no turns. Turns are scary.

We can just go straight at 20 mph. Then when we get to the end of the driveway I'll walk back up to the house :)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Tracey said...

I would rather keep my feet on the ground. It's safer!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home