Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Clutch and Brake Levers


With that major work out of the way, I moved on to installing new clutch and brake levers. I found some cool chrome levers on eBay that have little skulls on the ends of the lever. Way cool, and hey… I like ‘em. The brake side was easy and involved removing a retaining bolt. The old lever is just removed, and the new lever installed. I used some No. 2 grease on the pivot area around the retaining bolt. The clutch side was just about as easy, though there is a little piece in the lever that actuates a piston. That piece had to be installed in the new lever (it just slips in), and lined up with the little piston when re-installing the lever. This was easy too. I also used some grease around the pivot areas. Again, started up the bike and made sure clutch and brake were working fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home